We are now on the lookout for volunteers to help deliver our Sky Heroes event on the 10th September.
The day is open to the public from 12-5pm so we are looking for volunteers that can help between 11-6pm. Please get in touch if you can help for the day or even a few hours with the role below which suits you.
These are the roles we are looking for:
- Stewards to supervise an area on the map and also to conduct evaluations with the public about their experience on the day
- Explainers in the shelter which will be open (we will also have sound effects, chairs and artefacts in here to make this more of an ‘experience’)
- Help with the Ranger stall which will deliver educational activities, share information about conservation volunteering, explain the features of Kenley Common etc
- Help at the Kenley Revival project stall to help explain the project, project progress, future events etc
- Help manning the replica aircraft, collecting money and helping the public in and out of the planes
- Education volunteers at the Education tent to help deliver WW2 activities (gas mask box making, WW2 poster making, WW2 handling collection)
We’ll be holding a volunteer briefing on 31 August 10am – 12pm at the Merlewood estate office. It is required that you attend the briefing in order to assist with the event.
Please get in touch with email@example.com to let us know if you’re available or to find out more.